Monday 29 February 2016

Anti-Bucket List: February

Today is an exciting day, not only because it's the end of February and I'm BACK with my second Anti-Bucket List (read the last one!) but also because today is February 29th i.e. the LEAP DAY. Now, I think that's exciting because it only happens once a year which means it's extra and have you heard this one, ladies?! Women are allowed to PROPOSE!!! (Can you sense the sarcasm?) Most importantly, Google did a really cute doodle for the leap day with bunnies. Try and tell me that's not exciting.




ANYWAY that's today, but back to the rest of the month. It's been hella busy which I shouldn't be surprised by at this point. Semester two has started in a big way. I thought we would have a few quiet weeks at the beginning while we ~settle in~ but no, how wrong I was. I am busier than ever with assignments and dissertations coming out of my ears. I swear "busy", along with "tired", are a permanent feature of my personality now. Still, it's been a good month, I can't complain. Here's a load of stuff that happened:

  • I passed my exam with a VERY pleasing grade*.
  •  I got back into running and I've so far managed to keep up 2-3 a week- hooray!
  • I watched The Lady in the Van which was a wonderful film and I would highly recommend.
  • I enjoyed a weekend off from my job which was grand. Being paid for doing nothing is fun and I had some nice family time. 
  • I have finally made progress with my dissertation. 
  • I had several delicious dinners out with lovely friends.
  • I survived another Valentine's Day painfully alone- har har har. 
  • I made time to bake which was fab because it's my favourite thing. 
  • I reread The Perks of Being a Wallflower which is wonderful.
  • I have so far enjoyed my second (and final!) semester, made better still by a lunatic of a lecturer. 
So there we go. Not the most thrilling month, it must be said, but it was well. I have a feeling the next few weeks/months are just going to get more and more mad so I might go quiet on here for a bit but I'll be back in March fo'sho! xxxx

*I find it difficult to be vocal about grades because I don't want people to think I'm showing off but you've got to big yourself up sometimes- I got 75 on my exam! I got a first class grade on my bloody exam- aaaaaaaah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment