Tuesday 28 February 2017

The February List 2017



So, February happened and it brought with it the most exciting and anticipated thing to happen in a very long time: I (FINALLY) GOT A NEW JOB! I had actually just been offered it when I wrote my January List but I didn't want to mention it until everything was settled. I've now been working there a whole month, since February 2nd, and I am so happy so far. I'm officially titled Creative Assistant with a really cool little company doing lots of lovely writing and marketing things, and it just seems like everything is working out jolly well indeed.

If you followed any of my posts last year it will be very clear that this has been a l-o-n-g time coming, but now February has brought the change that I needed. It's been a hectic month - I have only had two days off due to working my notice at my part time job as well - leaving little time for adventure, but I am so grateful for it. Leaving my little part time job two days ago was strange. It saw me through from aged 16-22 and while I was sad to say goodbye it has become very clear to me that that chapter of my life is over now and I am so ready to move on. 

February was the start of that and here is the list:

  • I was offered and started my first ever graduate job!!!! I resent an overuse of exclamation marks but I feel it is necessary here. 
  • I handed in my notice to Sainsbury's and officially left after five and a half years with them. I have mixed emotions about this.
  • I treated myself to a sizeable Topshop order and amazingly kept it all - a rare occurrence. This shirt is my new favourite (I'm wearing it now).
  • I never solved the saga of my deaf ear but I had a hearing test this month and now everything seems to be fine again - hurrah. 
  • I saw Billy Elliot twice on stage and I absolutely L O V E D it. Once on the professional tour and then again at my old school. I really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did and I think it's creeping into my top shows list.
  • I successfully fought off a cold. No time for that. 
  • I celebrated my sister's birthday with a big ol' family meal - lovely, as ever. 
  • I didn't celebrate Valentine's and that is just.fine.
  • I filled my body with pancakes. So many pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment