Saturday 30 April 2016

Anti-Bucket List: April

April has been a combination of celebration and STRESS. More on the good stuff shortly, but first let me indulge in a stress rant. If I look back on the previous three months of the year, I'm sure I've talked a lot about being busy with/fed up with/exhausted by uni work, but that was before the reality of April hit me. The month began at the back end of the Easter holidays in which I did not do enough work and then I spent the rest of the time making up for it. My dissertation deadline is in three weeks time and I finish uni all together in little over a month so I'm sure it's going to go up another level, but for now let's just say I am flat out.


I have pretty much moved into the library five days a week and it's all very mad. There have been happy moments too: cry-laughing with study buddies when it gets too much is always welcome and I've enjoyed celebrating birthdays with friends - two of my best pals share their 21st birthday TODAY so there's been a lot of that. Here's a little round-up for April:

  • My little car passed its MOT without having to have any work done - hurrah!
  • I treated my best buddy to a spa day and afternoon tea for her birthday which was fun to say the least. 
  • I've enjoyed some top quality TV drama (Sunday nights on ITV at where it's at!)
  • Remember that creative writing assignment I talked about last month? I got my BEST EVER mark at uni for it!! and as a result...
  • I've been shortlisted for the Most Promising Student Writer Award at the Fresher Writing Prize!!! (so many exclamation marks) More on that soon...
  • I had my final tutorial for my dissertation which seemed to go well.
  • I've been really enjoying Emma Gannon's new podcast, Ctrl Alt Delete, with some kick-ass women. I'm listening to an ep right now as I tap away. 
  • I got back on the work-out train with running and swimming (only to fall off it again when I got a cold last week.)
  • I helped organise a secret surprise party which when very well.
  • I ended the month with a super afternoon at a country fair to celebrate a friend's birthday.
April, April, how busy you were. I am grateful for all the support and joyful moments I've had this month, and it together terrifies and excites me that I'll have handed in my dissertation when I post next month's list, but for now I need to go a day at a time. April has only a handful of hours left in it and I need to make the most of them, so let's get back to it. 

Happy April! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment