Thursday 24 December 2015

Embroidered Christmas Cards


Time for something a little more lighthearted today compared to my last two posts, I think. It's Christmas Eve, I've just finished my last shift of seven days straight at work and I've got a few more presents to wrap before the big day tomorrow so now's the perfect time to share some of the Christmas cards I've made this year.


I won't do a how-to post because it's far too late for that, but I thought it would be nice to pop up a few festive card pictures- maybe they'll do for inspiration next year! This year I've really got into using embroidery on greetings cards after coming across this excellent blog post on Pinterest so I decided to give it a go with some simple Christmas designs. I went for classic kraft card blanks with red, gold and green metallic thread, plus a few buttons and beads here and there. I really like how they turned out so I think I'll make more next year. 

Really simple Christmas tree with a glittery star and gold beads.

Stitching over hand writing takes ages but I think it looks fab!

Mummy and baby button snowmen for my lovely Mum.

And I used some festive paper from Hobbycraft to cover up all the stitching on the inside.
I hope that you have a lovely Christmas and the very best time in 2016.

Merry Christmas!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment